-1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
-2 tbsp. cornstarch
-1 large egg
-1 clove of garlic, minced
-3/4 cup iced water
-1 bunch of scallions or chives; wash, edge, trim, and half
-1/2 tsp salt
-oil, for frying
-1/4 cup soy sauce
-1 tbsp. gochujang or red chili flakes or garlic chili sauce
-1 tbsp. rice vinegar
-1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
-1/2 tsp minced ginger
-2 scallions, chopped
-1 clove garlic, minced
1. Cut off ends of scallions and slice in half lengthwise, if the scallions are thick and in the middle if they are too long to fit in the pan.
2. Using a small bowl combined all ingredients for dipping sauce, mix well and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornstarch, salt, garlic, and the egg with the ice water. If the batter seems too thick, add a little more water (about 1 tsp at a time) until the batter is thin.
4. Using a ladle, scoop about a quarter of the batter and pour it into the pan, quickly spreading the batter to create a thin pancake. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, until the edges of the pancake is golden brown and the center looks almost dry. Flip the pancake over and cook for another 4-5 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Transfer the pancake to a plate and add a bit of oil to the pan (every time) before repeating the same process until all the batter is used.
6. Cut the pancakes and enjoy with the dipping sauce.