Updated: Mar 24, 2019
-1/4 cup butter or margarine
-1/8 tsp salt
-1/2 cup un-sifted all purpose flour
-1 can redid-whip
-1 package instant chocolate or vanilla pudding
-2 cups milk
1. In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water, the butter, and salt. Bring to boil over medium heat.
2. Remove from heat and immediately beat in flour all at once with a wooden spoon.
3. Return to low heat, and continue beating until mixture forms a ball and leaves side of pan.
4. Remove from heat. Add eggs, one at a time, beating hard after each addition until smooth. Continue beating until the mixture is shiny and breaks into strands.
5. Using a pastry bag, create 1 and 1/2 inch mounds of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. If you don't have a pastry bag, you can use two spoons to form a ball (like I did.)
6. Use your finger to wipe a little water on the top of each ball of dough.
Bake in a preheated 420 degree oven for 7-12 minutes, or until the dough forms a "puff." It is very important that, for this cream puff recipe, you be sure to reduce heat to 375 degrees and finish baking until the puffs are golden brown, or an additional 15 minutes. Immediately remove the puffs and poke a hole in each with a toothpick to let the air escape. (This keeps them from collapsing.)
Let them cool, and then you can fill them with my favorite filling! Simply mix a prepared package of Jello Instant Chocolate Pudding mixed with equal parts of Reddi-Wip. Don't over mix! Cut the puffs into two and spoon the mixture in. (You can also get fancy by carving out a tiny hole and piping the filling in.)