Prep Time: 25mins Cook Time: 17 mins Serves: 2
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
* 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 2 pounds pork belly strips
* 1 cup chopped kimchi
* 1 bulb garlic, cloves separated and peeled
* 3 scallions, chopped
Ssamjang Dipping Sauce:
* 2 tablespoons doenjang (Korean soybean paste)
* 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste), or more to taste
* 1 tablespoon sesame oil
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
* 1 teaspoon rice wine
* 1 teaspoon brown sugar
1. Mix thyme, dill, rosemary, and garlic powder together in a small bowl. Rub over both sides of each pork belly strip. Let stand at room temperature, about 15 minutes.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork belly strips until well browned, about 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving some grease in the skillet. Cut strips into bite-sized
3. Sauté kimchi, garlic cloves, and scallions in the reserved grease over medium-high heat until starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
4. Mix doenjang, gochujang, sesame oil, minced garlic, sesame seeds, rice wine, and brown sugar in a bowl to make ssamjang sauce. 5. Serve pork belly strips with kimchi, garlic, scallions, and ssamjang sauce.