Bulgogi beef tacos
*for the beef:
-2 tbsp. brown sugar
-2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
-1 tsp sesame oil
-1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
-1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
-3 cloves of garlic, minced
-1 tbsp. vegetable oil
-1 lb. lean ground beef
*For the tacos:
-6 mini flour tortillas
-1/4 cup diced red onion
-2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
-1/4 tsp sesame seeds
*For the Kimchi:
-2 tsp sesame oil
-1 cup chopped kimchi
-1 tsp honey
*For the gochujang crema:
-1/4 cup mayonnaise
-1/4 cup sour cream, may substitute with greek yogurt
-1 tbsp. lime juice
-1-2 tsp gochujang, or more to taste
1. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and ginger. (for bulgogi sauce)
2. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; brain excess fat.
3. Stir in the bulgogi sauce mix until well combined, allowing to simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes; set aside.
4. Heat sesame oil in small skillet over medium high heat. Add kimchi and sugar and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly, until caramelized and set aside.
5. Now its time to make crema. In a small bowl, mix together all the crema ingredients together and set aside.
6. Assemble your tacos, top as you'd like and enjoy!